Welcome! You are applying to EDEx Educators, a yearlong cohort-based training in design thinking for K-12 teachers. This year’s EDEx Educators cohort will kick-off with a three-day conference and workshop including attendance at Raleigh's Hopscotch Design Festival. The kick-off will be followed by a series of four “Mentor Meetings” held at inspirational design locations in downtown Raleigh.
Participation in EDEx Educators includes:
- Learning through 7 workshops & conferences for over 40 hours of experiential & inspiring PD
- Coaching & mentoring from award winning educators, designers, and innovators
- Networking with innovative educators & community partners
- Development of design thinking mindset & toolbox to create innovative solutions to complex, real-world problems
- Capstone design thinking project that improves teaching and learning in your school
- Attendance at Hopscotch Design Festival ($250 value)
- Preference may be given to applicants applying with one or more colleagues from the same school.
- An understanding of design thinking is not a prerequisite for participation in this program.
- In order to be considered for selection, applicants must commit to attend ALL meetings.
- Your principal/supervisor will receive an official communication and recommendation form emailed within 48 hours of your application submission.
- Applicants will hear about acceptance on July 10, 2018.
- The program fee of $750* can be paid online and is due by August 1, 2018. This fee includes Hopscotch registration, as well as meals and resources for all workshops and meetings. (*$650 for NC's public school teachers.)